Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jaane kyaa dhoondta hai


This very number from Lucky Ali...rings in my mind time and again in Chennai...and the reason being the ample time I get to spend with myself.

For those who do not know, I am doing my summer internship with Cognizant Business Consulting. And in the first place, Chennai appeared a Kalapani to me....especially with the proceedings of the first week.

I landed up not in the best of shapes...rather the plaster on my hand and the bandage on my leg, made everyone aware of the misfortune that hit me on Holi. On top of it, i was sent into the backwaters of this Kalapani...Tambaram....south west Chennai....only 31 km from other offices.

Then began my search for a place to live...I just had 2 criteria in mind...it should be closeby and I should sleep in AC....haha...sorry could not control...they now appear the biggest jokes. Obviously, I am recipient of neither (I just travel 58 km both ways...to make it sound better :))

I put up at Nungambakkam at a B-School.....appears cool naa. Nungambakkam is the heart of the city and a B-School life is so chillaxed. 

Lemme now spill the beans....I put up at LIBA...apparently a B-School with stricter deadlines than Junior School of my boarding school. Lemme explain...the TV shuts sharply at 10pm with an irritating alarm...I have not witnessed any D Ps yet....no chicks are allowed in campus (as if there are some in the city)....you cant enter or leave campus after 10 pm...all canteens close by 6 pm...the hostel is just 2 km from the campus gate and it feels great to walk across in the afternoon...well I can go on and on on this.

Initially I felt very bad on the way things were...but now have adapted better (hehehe..even i have a funny bone tingling). But as they say every cloud has a silver lining.....there are things that are happening for the better....

Introspection is full on.....infact how dearly i miss my old diaries...they would have been perfect reads as well.

Waise actually some better things are happening. I got a very understanding mentor, who has given a freedom to come and go at our convenience....and thank God that helps so much....else the congestion in local trains would have killed me....now I leave only when the sun is up full on....the 2 km stretch is unending...but do not have a better choice

And most importantly....I have started writing blogs....hopefully you will see many more posts in the month to come

See you soon :)

2 comments:

Neha said...

kya tha ye.. :P
ohh aww.. poor ravi..
wat introspection r u doing..

ravi said...

it was just a start (to get out of the Shell)....the other posts hopefully will be better